Readit Scholar HD - portable close up, distance and self viewing with a difference!
What is Readit Scholar HD?
Readit Scholar HD is our latest portable Autoreader / CCTV system.
Weighing just 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs) it is the ideal solution for users on the go.
As well as full close up and distance CCTV functionality, Readit Scholar HD has the unique ability to capture both closeup (up to A3 or double Letter in size) and distant objects. Any text can then be automatically scrolled on screen and read aloud in seconds!
What are Readit Scholar HD's benefits?
Readit Scholar HD features many benefits over other digital capture systems and even more over standard laptop / desktop video magnifiers:
- Compact with a folded size of just 28 x 17 x 4.5cm (11 x 6.7 x 1.8 inches)
- Set up for document capturing, the camera is just 36 cm tall (14.2 inches).
- Good height when in use of 40.5 cm off the desk.
- It is 300 grams lighter thank the Scholar at just 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs).
- 720p (1280x720 resolution) up to 60 fps via single USB 2.0 connection (Core i3 processor required for 60 fps live view at full resolution).
- Automatic switching between close-up and distance viewing modes as the camera head is lifted.
- Open base design means it's easy to handwrite and read in the traditional video magnifier way, without the base getting in the way of the paper or book.
- 16MP sensor with A3 capture area down to 6pt text - this is 8x the resolution of the nearest competitor in the market that has a usable live image view.
- Zoomed in, 4pt text can be captured and read with 100% accuracy.
- 21x Optical zoom (larger than any other camera)
- The camera is optically and digitally stabilised (a first for our industry) meaning the Scholar HD is far less prone to shake and wobble than any other product on the market.
- The combination of the 16 MP sensor, 21x optical zoom, optical and digital stabilisation means it can perform OCR at distance (for whiteboards and projectors) further away than a human with 20:20 vision can see - this is a unique feature again.
- Full whiteboard and projector screen capture for easy navigation with trackpad / mouse, removes the need for the end user to constantly track around the board by holding and repositioning the camera, even if OCR is not possible (on pictures or non computer based text).
- Powered via 1 USB 2.0 port. No separate battery to worry about charging.
- Adjustable length, integrated USB cable - again this is unique.
- Includes magnetic positioning guide with three positions: Storage, A4 (Letter), A3 (11 x 17) for easy positioning of documents for blind and well as low vision users.
- Includes headphones and laptop rucksack with easily enough space for user's laptop, charger, books and Readit Scholar HD.
- Extremely competitive retail price.
Who is Readit Scholar HD for?
Readit Scholar HD has been specifically designed for the requirements of students, business professionals and anyone on the move with a laptop PC.
However, it also makes an ideal desktop solution that can easily be moved between locations (e.g. home and work).
Simply remove it from its included rucksack, plug into your laptop or PC and you have
full CCTV with Distance Viewing, Auto Reading, Speech and more.
Whole books can be captured, read and scrolled back automatically. The whiteboard
can be magnified 40x and your handwriting can be enlarged as you write!
Weighing just 1.2kg, it folds flat and needs no batteries so is extremely portable.
The Scholar HD is an exceptionally high resolution 3-in-1 camera that is compact, lightweight and works with the Readit software. It enables instant access to printed documents converting them to large print & text-to-speech output.Ideally suited to any visually impaired or blind business or education computer user, who wants near instant, easy and accurate access to printed documents both at close up (up to A3 in size) and uniquely at distance.
Just plug the lightweight camera into your PC or laptop and it instantly translates any printed text into crystal clear speech. Letters, receipts, bank statements, text-books, novels, product packaging etc. are all read with ease. It's also a crystal clear HD video magnifier running at a smooth 60 fps. You can pick the camera up and point it in the distance or at yourself and with 21x optical zoom and advanced image stabilisation it enables you to see further than a person with 20:20 vision!